Friday, February 3, 2012

My Version of Extreme Couponing



Total amount (including tax) = 84.38
Manufacturer's coupons from Sunday paper and free online coupons - $15.64
CVS bonus bucks - $13.00
Actual cash I paid - $55.74
CVS bonus bucks I earned today - $17.00

Total = 38.74 for $84 worth of items. 
That's  pretty good in my book!

This was my third attempt at a coupon shopping trip. My first attempt wasn't impressive. I only had 2 coupons and my items weren't on sale. I saved .75 :).

My second attempt was total failure. I couldn't find half the items I was looking for on my list. I realized after 20 minutes of wondering around CVS, comparing my list to the sales paper, and then searching the shelves for the items that I looked like a fool!  I ended up leaving, very frustrated.

But today...  I was prepared, ready, determined, SUCCESSFUL! (and yes, I meant that to be as dramatic as possible)

It may not look like much, but there are two jumbo packs of diapers and a 3 pack of refill wipes. That in itself would normally cost between $25-28 (if not more). I paid $39 for ALL of it.

Now you may be wondering when in the world I found time to map this coupon trip out. I stayed up entirely too late Wednesday night analyzing the sale papers and finding my best deals.   I then paired my sale items with a coupon. Then I went online and found online coupons that were free.  I definitely won't be making a habit of this because I value my sleep!

However, I do plan to use more coupons in the future, but I  just don't have the time to search the deals out and all that jazz.  Maybe this summer I can dedicate more time to it.

Happy Couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment