Monday, March 7, 2011

Baby Shower for William

Saturday, March 5, 2011 will be a day I will never forget!  A few friends hosted a baby shower  for me and William, and it was over- the -top fabulous! I can't even begin to thank the hostesses (and a few behind the scene people) enough for everything. I was overwhelmed, overjoyed and speechless by the end of the shower. 

The hostesses were Lacey Duncan, Lauren Tucker, Juli Antanaitis, and Holly Yates.  Lacey was in charge of organizing the event and also in charge of the cake and oh my word, what a cake it was!  I'll let the pictures speak for itself!  Lauren brought tons of fabulous foods.  Juli brought the most divine cookies as a parting gift for my guests, and Holly brought some very tasty chicken salad!

I do want to thank a few other people that really helped out.  First I'd like to thank my mom for being so generous to me in letting me use her house for the second weekend in a row (Jana's baby shower was last weekend).  I'd also like to thank Sharon Tucker for coming early and helping decorate and prepare the food table as well as helping clean everything up.  I'd also like to give a big shout out to my sister Jennifer who spent the majority of the shower frantically trying to display gifts in the back bedroom. Sara Tucker was also instrumental in the clean up of everything after the shower was over.  Believe me ladies, without all of you, this day would not have been quite as special as it was. 

I really, really enjoyed Saturday. So many of my close friends were able to make it to the shower, and it just made my day to be able to share this time with them.  Once I started opening gifts, I didn't get to say goodbye to many friends (because I opened gifts for well over an hour), but I hope they all know just how much it meant to me for them to be there! 

A couple of blogs back I posted about a "Taking Baby Home Checklist".  I was freaking out because I didn't have anything on the list!  Now, I can calmly say, IF I had this baby tomorrow, I would be prepared.  I can credit that nice feeling of "calm" to my friends and family.  Everyone was so generous, and our friends and families have all prepared Dustin and I for the arrival of our baby boy!  We can hardly wait! 

Here are some pictures of that very special day!
Top layer: coconut and cream; Middle layer: penutbutter
and chocolate; Third layer: Red velvet and cream cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment