Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ugh, Blood Pressure....Yay, Maternity Leave!

When Dustin and I first found out I was pregnant my goal was to work up until about a week before William was due.  Within the last two weeks, I realized that goal was not one that I would reach!  I had planned for Friday to be my last day of work; however, my blood pressure had other plans for me! 

It seems that today was my last day in my classroom until August =)  My blood pressure was a nice 136/98 when the school nurse checked it today at lunch.  I called my doctor and was sent home to elevate my feet, rest, relax, place a cold rag on my head and hope and pray that my blood pressure would come down.  IT DID! Within 2 hours of resting my blood pressure was back to normal at 120/79.

I've decided that I'm not going to take any chances with William or myself, and so I'm beginning my maternity leave today.  I honestly think that William will be here before we know it, so it's the best decision for us and my classroom.  

I didn't really get to say goodbye to my kids today because this was unexpected.  I really hate that too.  My students have been SO wonderful this semester.  I know that I will love being home especially when my William arrives, but I know that I'm definitely going to miss my classes.  I also didn't really get to say goodbye to my teacher pals, but I know that I'll see and hopefully talk to them again before August!  I want to say a big "thank you" to Dr. Early for driving me home today.  Also, a big "thank you" to Mr. Murphy for finding someone to cover my classes for the rest of the day as well!  I will keep everyone at the school updated, and hopefully William and I will get to visit everyone before the end of May when school is out. 

Such a bitter-sweet little moment today!

And for one last time this semester... GO PANTHERS!!!!  (William says so too) 

No comments:

Post a Comment