Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A New Summer Routine



My hair is just pulled back in the picture, but it looks
like I cut it all off! 

When it comes to the summer months, people always say, "I wish I was a school teacher!".  If I only had a dollar for every time I have heard that remark I'd be a rich girl.  Most of my school teacher summers have been spent sleeping late, hanging out with friends on the river or at a pool, cookouts, staying up late and having not a care in the world. My oh my how things have changed!

It seems that having a child really does change things.  My summer now revolves around my little ones every want and need!  I've replaced sleeping late with waking up during the night between 3-4 a.m. to feed, change and rock William back to sleep.  We are usually up for the day between 6-7.  I've traded staying up late with bath time at 8:30, a bottle at 8:45 and lights out by 9-9:30.  Instead of hanging out with friends on the river or at a pool, now I spend my days trying to time errands, exercise, playtime with William, cleaning house, laundry, and cooking dinner according to William's next feeding, changing, or nap. Needless to say, this summer has been very different from others.

Bumpo time with Mommy! 
And he does have a diaper on but you can't
see it because of the center thingy!



Playtime on Playmat!



William loves his swing!





Fun cuddle time with Mommy!


One thing I've incorporated into my days is a walk/poor attempt to jog :)    I try to go on walks with William everyday or least a couple times a week.  I started out going in the morning after I fed him, but it just got to hot for that.  Now we try to go in evening before Dustin gets home from work.  I try to get in about 3 miles (because that's as far as I can go without William screaming), but each day has shown to be different.  My pace has proved to be different each day with the stops to put the pacey back in or stopping to wipe some spit-up off Will's face.  Either way, it's a part of my day I really enjoy!


I think he was only 3 weeks old here.  He doesn't
nap quite that easily now!

Yup, I put a little fan in there to blow on him :)

Cruising down the street!

Smiling at Mommy's red face as she walks!
This summer has definitely been an adjustment for me, but a much needed adjustment!  I love having my days filled with meaningful time with my adorable son.  I wouldn't trade all the money in the world for my school teacher summers of the past, but I welcome the new school teacher summers in my future!  I'm so thankful that I chose a profession that allows me to spend my summer months with my family.  As this summer is getting painfully closer to the end, I want to make every day with William and Dustin count!  I never want to take for granted the time I have with them. 

My life is truly forever changed....and for the better!



Nap time is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment