Monday, December 20, 2010

20 Week Update

I had a little moment yesterday when I realized that I was 20 weeks.  I did the math calculation and realized I'm 5 months pregnant and on the the down-hill slope to meeting William!  I only have 4 months left to experience all the neat changes that pregnancy brings.  I look at it as bitter sweet. 

Each week of my pregnancy, I've been sending emails out to family and friends with updates about the pregnancy.  This week I'm proud to update and say, "IT'S A BOY!!!"  Dustin and I got to see our precious baby boy last Thursday.  He's grown soooo much since the last ultra sound we had.  It's honestly the most amazing thing I've seen or experienced.  He was being a little shy with camera. He was facing backwards and curled up in the fetal position.  The sonographer had to keep putting pressure on my belly trying to get him to turn around.  He finally did!  He kicked his little legs out and then we knew, he was a boy!

You can see here one of his legs is still bent back.  The other leg is there, but it just didnt show up in the picture. 


We've chosent the name William Michael Tucker.  William is a name we both liked, and it's my maiden name.  Michael is Dustin's middle name and also his father's name.  We will call him Will, but eventually I'm sure all his little buddies will know him by, Tucker or Tuck!

Now I can finally start planning a nursery and all that fun stuff!  Read below to see what's happening with Baby Will this week. 

Merry Christmas!
Julie

How your baby's growing:

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).





No comments:

Post a Comment