Thursday, December 16, 2010

Boy or Girl....does it really matter???

When I first found out I was pregnant and people would ask, "Do you want a boy or girl?", I would always respond, "I just want a healthy baby."  This was the total truth....sorta :)  I deep down really did want a healthy baby, and I wanted that healthy baby to be a little girl.  However, the more I thought about it, the more I convinced myself that baby was a boy.  Both of my sisters had boys first, and I'm carrying my weight in my stomach really low so in my my mind, I felt like Baby Tucker was a boy.  I have to admit, the more convincing I did, the more excited I became that I might have a little boy.  The past month, I've caught myself watching my sisters and their little boys interact.  I fell in love with the idea of having a little boy of my own.

I've asked Dustin several times (okay, okay... a lot of times) what he wanted.  He always responded, "It doesn't matter." I believe that to be the truth.  One of the little moments that I will never forget is seeing Dustin's face the day we had our first ultra sound.  He smiled and kept saying, "Wow" over and over.  All of the things that I had been feeling for 6 weeks, suddenly became very real to him.  I know that he's going to be the BEST father, regardless of boy of girl.  Our baby is so lucky to have a daddy like him. 

It's 10:44 on Thursday morning, December 16, 2010.  Today is the day we will find out if our baby is a boy or girl.  I can honestly say at this point, boy or girl...it DOESN'T really matter.  My mom and dad used to always tell me, "you'll always be my baby."  Baby Tucker will always be our baby, regardless of boy or girl. 

I love this day =) 
Julie

2 comments:

  1. K... tears... joy, laughter, memories, etc... all flooding my mind right now! I'm hormonal ALL the time lately!!! I love this post!!! I LOVE the fact that my little sis is having her own precious baby and that our children will grow up loving each other! I too could care less if it is a boy or girl. All I know is that it is going to be part of our family and loved by us all! Now, hurry up 3:30!!!! The wait is killing me!!! LOL!!!! Love to you, Dustin and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julie! This is the sweetest post EVER! So excited for you, and I can't wait to hear your news!

    ReplyDelete