Thursday, December 23, 2010

This is the BEST Christmas Ever...and It's Not Even Christmas Yet!

Tuesday night was spent with family reminiscing on memories and also making new ones.  Dustin and I joined the rest of the Tuckers for some Christmas feasting and PRESENTS!  :)  Sharon (aka Mama Tuck and soon to be Gmom) made a fabulous spread.  She fried chicken and made her famous homemade mac-n-cheese, along with a bunch of other dishes as well.  The chicken was divine.  I've yet to master the art of frying chicken, but hopefully that will come with time. (Notice how much I'm talking about the food....that's because my appetite is out of control and that meal was SO good!) 

We also had fun opening presents...  I got some new pajamas (which I wore ALL day yesterday), a journal to write to William each day (very special gift), a Christmas ornament (new mother-to-be), some cash (which I'm going to spend shortly on some new lamps for the bedroom),  and a new, mother of all, COACH purse.  It's beautiful, big and exactly what I wanted. 

William also got a few items for Christmas too!  He got his first stuffed teddy bear (so adorable), and several adorable outfits!



So, I woke up this morning to an email from my wonderful MIL and DIL (Mama Tuck and Big Mike).  They had ordered the crib and changer that Dustin and I liked!!  It will be delivered on December 28th.  I'm so grateful for this help and gift!  I will create another post soon with a picture of the furniture and some of the ideas I have for the nursery. 

I know that Christmas is not about presents, it's about CHRIST!  The Lord has blessed Dustin and I beyond belief.  We are having the best time being married and now awaiting the arrival of little Will.  I am so thankful for our families that support us.  We can't say thank you enough!

Merry Christmas!
Julie

1 comment:

  1. You are so blessed! I might just have to put my anti-Bama attitude aside and touch some crimson colored fabric to make baby William something special. Merry Christmas~

    ReplyDelete